The Vibrant chronicles: Death by ochre

So it was established that Penelope Grey had an older brother, who was quite clearly somewhat of a psychopath. She had been forced to believe him, due to the fact that the letter was unmistakably in her mother's hand, and he was clearly her brother; magenta eyes were incredibly rare, if nearly extinct. Catherine and Klaus were twins, both probably fifteen, they had matching hazel eyes and strawberry blonde hair. They did not say much and were thus dubbed inconsequential by the foolish Penny.

"Where are Mother and Father?"
"Secured somewhere safe."
"Secured? They aren't criminals!"
"Actually they are."
"That's not the point."
"Then, what is?"
"They're my parents."
"They're mine too, Penny. They are my biological mother and my biological father and they Sold me. They might as well have condemned me to death."
"What do you mean?"
"Most children who are Sold are...never mind, it's not important. My foster father was one of the fiercest advocate for Creativity."
"Was?"
"He was murdered."
"That's...."
"Inconvenient? I know."
"I was going to say horrible."
"Well, yes, of course it was horrible."
"You don't seem to be terribly upset."
"I'm not. Our jobs are very dangerous. Casualties are expected and dealt with. Immediately."
"What happens to most Sold children?"
Her brother looked at her, in his eyes an expression that was unreadable, his lips pursed together, "They get eaten, Penny."






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

200th Post

I Have No Idea What To Name This Post

How To Use Chinese Brush Pen (Demonstrations By Me)