THIS IS ANOTHER NEW BLOG POST.

DIDN'T you say you'd be on hiatus?

Yes–

THEN WHY ARE YOU POSTING?!!

Okay, okay. I hear you. Now, hear me out.

Because I'm on hiatus, I am making posts while I can before being away for like three months or so. NOW THAT I'VE EXPLAINED, DON'T KILL ME!!!!!!

On to the actual topic~

ANOTHER SHORT STORY BASED ON A PHRASE!

If you don't know what that is, look at my other post, titled (creatively) THIS IS A NEW POST. (<---there it is)

AND THE PHRASE IS...

[monochrome] [location]

...Okay.

LET'S START!

•••

Every day I walk down to my monochrome location.

Nothing has changed for the past six years.

I work a monochrome job in a monochrome location with my monochrome colleagues.

But today, I have this feeling that something's different. And trust me, my instinct knows well if something's different in this monochrome town with my monochrome location and monochrome people.

I think this change... is colour.

•••

These monochrome people are chatting away. What about? I guess I'll find out when I get my monochrome newspaper.

The amount of steps I need to take to get to my monochrome location is exactly five hundred and fifty-seven. Yet, as I took my five hundred and fifty-sixth, I looked up to see exactly what I thought; colour. 

Emerald green, to be exact.

An emerald green coat and an emerald green beret and emerald green boots and beautiful, emerald green eyes.

Green walked up to me and shook my hand. "Hi, I'm Rebecca Pennington. You are Jonathan Parrish?" Her lips smile with her emerald green eyes.

I snapped out of my small trance and nodded politely whilst pulling a little grin.

"Yes. Why have you come to see me?" I questioned, curiously.

"Oh, I work here now." Green told me. Joy laced her voice.

•••

Green was constantly looking at me. Which means that I was constantly blushing.

What are you doing to me, I mentally asked her.

"Hey, Jonathan," Green came up to my desk. I looked up at her. "Shall we go for dinner? I'm starving."

"O-okay." I replied, quite shocked that she'd ask me.

•••

Long story short, it's been a couple months since Green and I have started dating. She adds so much more to this monotonous town.

And I want her to be mine.

She's coming over to my apartment at eight for dinner. I'm going to ask her to be girlfriend.

Tonight.

•••

Green steps into my house. "Hey Jonathan–"

I pull her into a kiss before she could even say anything.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I study her face. She's shocked, taken aback. What did I do wrong?

"I-I'm not ready. Sorry."

And just like that, the colour walks out of my monochrome life.

THE END.

I think I like the first one better. :/ Sorry I made this romance, the other one wasn't so I thought this one had to be romance. But I have an idea of a more action-themed one with the same phrase. Let me know if you want me to post that too :)

'Til next time.

~ e l i y a



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

200th Post

I Have No Idea What To Name This Post

How To Use Chinese Brush Pen (Demonstrations By Me)