Annie's English Story

I was running.  I don’t know what I was running from, or where I was running to, so I stopped.  The cold fingers of Death were groping for me.  My eyes blinded with tears of fear, I spun around, summoning all of my strength, and sprinted off, into the blaze of fire in front of me.

Heat.  It washed over me like a wave.  I was burning, choking and gasping for pure air.  The fire, it scorched my throat, charred me to my very core and incinerated my fears.  I was scared of nothing.  I was slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity into the depths of a deep abyss.  The paralyzing agony then came.  The excruciating pain, it was white-hot.  It enveloped me, I couldn’t feel anything else as I tumbled into unconsciousness.

I felt the cooling touch of water.  Relief numbed my body.  Then, I realised I was trapped: a thick woollen blanket covered me.  I clawed weakly at its folds.  Then the events I remembered flooded into my mind.  The pain, Death.  Oh, what I had done!  Suddenly, I had renewed energy, bursting through what held me.  I hobbled toward the door, until, I spotted my reflection in the mirror.  I did vaguely recall in my past life that I could see energy.  I saw a shattered fragment of light, oddly next to a regularly pulsing, whole light.  It was only then I realised there was another with me.

I was exhausted, my body screaming with pain.  I dashed out, unable to take the relentless questions that would follow.

Delving far into the maze of tunnels, I finally found an irregular door.  Wrenching it open, I shrieked as darkness swarmed over my vision.

I groggily opened my eyes.  There was Elizabeth, chatting away like she always used to.  I let myself sink into the calming feeling.  Wait a minute, I thought, Elizabeth was lost in the…

I realised she was looking at me.  A cruel, merciless grin was plastered over her face.  Her eyes widened, then a thud of a hard object hit my head, I saw stars before passing out once more.

Walls.  An enclosed space surrounded me.  I pounded and battered against the walls.  After what seemed like an age, I heard footsteps.  Not just any footsteps, it sounded like they were pummelling the ground with thumps that resounded very deep into the earth.  I didn’t know whether to feel reassured or fearful.

The lid above me slid over, and a giant cockroach materialized out of the fog that instantaneously appeared in front of me.  I screamed and clamoured as those petrifying clicking things hoisted me into the air.  I was terrified of heights; I knew that at least.

Then, what must have been its mouth neared me, coming closer and closer.  I screeched in pure terror.  And it kept coming.


I awoke in a cold sweat.  Thank God, I thought.  I turned to leave – Elizabeth hadn’t taken any chances.  I was still her prisoner.

Comments

  1. I love this story. It is absolutely brilliant....it's amazing...i think there is no word in the english language, or any other for that matter, to convey how utterly awesome this story is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

200th Post

I Have No Idea What To Name This Post

How To Use Chinese Brush Pen (Demonstrations By Me)