Restaurants in Malaysia (HOW WE EAT)


Malaysians are very different to many other people around the world...
Related image
We tend to be a bit...

MEH...

Here are some restaurant situations 
(I actually observed and wrote notes on this so its actually accurate)


HOW TO ORDER FOOD IN MALAYSIA...

STEP 1:
Long food discussion - What you want?

Image result for cartoon money
STEP 2:
Father asks - How much?

STEP 3:
While ordering half way, waiter comes and asks - You want drink or not?
Father asks - Free or not?
Waiter says - Free flow!
We start ordering drinks...

STEP 4:
Family discussion - Set or Alacart cheaper?

STEP 5:
Decision made!!!

STEP 6:
WAITER!!! or... A MEI!!! or... XIAO JIE!!! or... AUNTIE!!! or... BOI!!! or... ORDER!!!
(you get the picture)

STEP 7:
Waiter tries to avoid you as much as possible and pretends not to see you...
After a few minutes, waiter comes - 
Yes, can I take your order?

STEP 8:
Family takes order, but by then, decides to change what we're eating and we spend a LOOOOOONNNNGGGGGGGGGG time choosing - Waiter, what do you recommend ah?

STEP 9 :
While taking order, make specifications...
Mother - less sweet! (kurang manis!)
Image result for waiter not paying attentionFather - give good meat! (choose piece got meat!)
Grandmother - the fish has to be fresh! (鱼要新鲜!)
Grandfather - Bring the food faster! ( food faster come ah!)

STEP 10:
Waiter repeats everything... 
We say - OK...
(by this point, waiter sweating)


KIDS IN MALAYSIAN RESTAURANTS...

#1 - The innocent kid...
Playing with cutlery and toothpicks while parents order their food...

#2 - Bossy...
Kid - Ma, I don't want that! Can I have the other one?
Mother - No, 2 expensive

#3 - BOSSY...
Kid - MA!!! I DON'T WANT THAT!!!! SO DISGUSTING!!! I WILL VOMIT!!!
Image result for angry kidsMother - But darling, too expensive, your mommy cannot afford.
Kid - THEN I AM NOT EATING ANYTHING THE WHOLE DAY!!!
Mother - Fine, baby, I buy for you...

#4 - The really good kid...
Kid - Ma, you can order anything you want for me, even vegetables, I'll eat it all.
Mother - Okay darling! Good girl!

#5 - Copy Cat...
Kid - I want the fish with rice.
Brother - I want the chicken rice.
Kid - Wait! I want the chicken rice too!
Brother - Actually, I want the duck rice.
Kid - Wait! I want the duck rice too!

#6 - Chicken rice (me...)
Mother - You want the fish, the rice, the duck, the salad, the curry, the fried veg, the prawn or the sandwich?

Kid - Hmmmmmm...... I want the chicken rice!
Mother - Want me to say again? There is NO chicken rice! You want the fish, the rice, the.......
Kid - Chicken rice!
Image result for malaysian mamakMother - But...
Kid - Chicken rice!
Mother - But...
Kid - Chicken rice!
Mother - Fine, we go mamak...







TANK YOU FOR READING THIS COOL? POST> I HOPE YOU REALLY NJOYED IT> KEEP CHECKING OUR BLOG FOR MORE COOL POSTS!!!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

200th Post

I Have No Idea What To Name This Post

How To Use Chinese Brush Pen (Demonstrations By Me)