Common Phrases 3 [Continuing On Jessica Gan's]

To "Burst Your Bubble".  

This phrases means to ruin a thought or come clean with something.  


It's parent speak for: "I don't want you to be upset."

Child: Mommy, I want to find a fairy today.

Mother: (*Muttering) I don't want to burst her bubble...

Mother: (*Speaking properly) Darling, I don't think you will find a fairy today, it's raining.


Excuses, excuses...  Tut, tut, tut.


If you want a bunch of mother writing about how to burst a bubble gently, here: "Darling, I don't think you'll find a fairy, because this is not the right forest to find fairies, even if it's called "Fairy Forest".  Maybe you should accept that fairies don't... (*Trails off uncertain, for child is gathering tears in eyes) live in Switzerland...
Actually, THEY DON'T EXIST!

Child: 😱  ðŸ˜­  ðŸ˜­  ðŸ˜­  ðŸ˜­


To sum this up, you should not burst anyone's bubble because they will be sad.


You don't need to believe in things that are a lie.  But of course Santa Claus is real...


Have faith in me, just be sad about everything.  Then you don't need to burst a bubble! 😊

Just joking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

200th Post

I Have No Idea What To Name This Post

How To Use Chinese Brush Pen (Demonstrations By Me)