CLICKBAIT!! READ THIS!!!

HA. Got you. If you're reading this you've fallen for my bait. And you don't know what this blog is even about. Well, you're about to find out.

Firstly, I'm so sorry I haven't been posting. School and Hari Raya have gotten the best of me.

SO, this blog is about...

HOW TO READ SHAKESPEARE PROPERLY.

BUT WAIT!!!!

Before you click away, please trust me that although I'm a boring person, my writing is not as boring.

WHY EXACTLY IS THIS IMPORTANT/USEFUL, you may ask. Well, this is definitely either going to impress your peers/family, or make them laugh. Or, improve your oral examinations.

Without further ado, this is how to read Shakespeare properly (or read aloud well in general).

1. USE AN EMOTIVE TONE.
Read as though you are the character, that you share his/her feelings.

2. USE AN AGE-APPROPRIATE AND GENDER-APPROPRIATE VOICE.
Making sure you don't talk like a kid whilst reading as an adult is important. Adjust your voice to go deeper/higher as necessary. Usually, females have a softer, lighter tone, so be wary of that.

3. ACCENTS!!!
Ah, my favourite, albeit not my best. As Shakespeare is English, you'll want an English/British accent. I don't know how to describe how to do this though.

LASTLY, THIS IS HOW I READ SCENE 2 ACT 6, ROMEO AND JULIET. ENJOY LOL.




EW I CRINGE EVERY TIME I WATCH THAT.


THAT IS ALL, FOLKS. I AM SORRY IT'S SHORT BUT IT'S ALL I HAD TO OFFER.

~ e l i y a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

200th Post

I Have No Idea What To Name This Post

How To Use Chinese Brush Pen (Demonstrations By Me)